News from Heaven by Jennifer Haigh follows a town Bakerston PA.; a coal-mining company town that went from booming prosperity to sharp decline. Beautiful writing though not too flowery, touching but not sappy, Haigh casts ordinary people into ten short stories you will not forget. Read more about it over at NYT Books.
- NYT: Thumbs up for "Venice"
- Bookmarked - Review: "Bunker Hill: a city, a siege, a revolution" by Nathaniel Philbrick
- Outreach Services
- Reader Zone
- Adult Services: About Us
- "Shine Shine Shine" by Lydia Netzer
- "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Frye" by Rachel Joyce
- "Born to run" By Christopher McDougall
- "Three Cups of Tea" author's death apparent suicide
- Best Books of 2012
- Check out the IndieBound Bestseller Book List
- 200th Anniversary of "Pride and Prejudice"
- "Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter" by Mario Vargas Llosa
- "The Black House" by Peter May
- "Gold" by Chris Cleave