This is the story of a reluctant adventurer who battles enormous forces. Bilbo Baggins, the protagonist, likes his creature comforts and is unsure as he sets out on an incredible journey to complete an important task. In order to succeed he needs to learn how to get along with others and stand up for what he believes in. It is an inspiring tale of adventure, fellowship, uncertainty, and strength.
- Wildalone, by Krassi Zourkova
- When Books Went To War: The Stories That Helped Us Win World War II, by Molly Guptill Manning
- Half-Resurrection Blues, by Daniel José Older
- The Little Free Library Book by Margret Aldrich
- City of Stairs, by Robert Jackson Bennett
- Out of the Silent Planet
- "Shine Shine Shine" by Lydia Netzer
- "The Dinner" by Herman Koch
- The Diving Bell and the Butterfly: A Memoir of Life in Death by Jean-Dominique Bauby, Jeremy Leggatt
- Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening
- Pie School: Lessons in Fruit, Flour & Butter by Kate Lebo
- The Conversation: A Revolutionary Plan for End-of-Life Care by Angelo Volandes, M.D.
- "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Frye" by Rachel Joyce
- "My Mother was Nuts" by Penny Marshall
- The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat by Edward Kelsey Moore