Charming book about a food writer who travels to China seeking the truth of a paternity claim against her deceased husband. In addition she receives an assignment to interview the owner of a new restaurant opening in Beijing. She soon discovers the restaurant owner is one of ten finalists for the Chinese Cultural Olympics too. These two story lines, the paternity claim and the preparation for the culinary contest, are woven throughout the book. This will be appealing to lovers of Chinese food, romance, and anyone who enjoys historically accurate cooking.
- Outreach Services
- Reader Zone
- Adult Services: About Us
- "Three Cups of Tea" author's death apparent suicide
- Best Books of 2012
- Check out the IndieBound Bestseller Book List
- 200th Anniversary of "Pride and Prejudice"
- NYT: Thumbs up for "Venice"
- "News from Heaven" by Jennifer Haigh reviewed
- NYT Critics compile favorite 2012 book lists