This is a detailed story of the band The Smiths by a clearly ardent fan that would certainly be of interest to other fans of the band (like myself), but also to anyone following the history of indie music. They are such an English band, and the author details many locations and subtexts that may not be readily apparent to those who are not native Mancunians or familiar with British pop culture and local history. He talks about all of the band’s influences and shows the reader where they fit into musical history. This is a really thick book of 704 pages covering the span of the band’s life, so there’s a lot of detail here, considering they were only together for 6 years.
- Outreach Services
- Reader Zone
- Adult Services: About Us
- "Three Cups of Tea" author's death apparent suicide
- Best Books of 2012
- Check out the IndieBound Bestseller Book List
- 200th Anniversary of "Pride and Prejudice"
- NYT: Thumbs up for "Venice"
- "News from Heaven" by Jennifer Haigh reviewed
- NYT Critics compile favorite 2012 book lists