This debut novel centers around a woman born with no hair, her husband who is a prize winning robotics scientist and their autistic son. As the characters work through a set of unusual circumstances, the main character is reminded that her quest for conventional American "normalcy" has eroded away the things that matter most to her. This novel is beautifully written and reveals their story in surprising ways. An extremely engaging book, it ultimately poses the question of whether autism is truly a disorder or an evolution of intellect and adaptation.
- Outreach Services
- Reader Zone
- Adult Services: About Us
- "Three Cups of Tea" author's death apparent suicide
- Best Books of 2012
- Check out the IndieBound Bestseller Book List
- 200th Anniversary of "Pride and Prejudice"
- NYT: Thumbs up for "Venice"
- "News from Heaven" by Jennifer Haigh reviewed
- NYT Critics compile favorite 2012 book lists