This is the biography of Edward Curtis, a talented photographer. His obsession was to photograph and document the American Indian before destruction of their ways. Egan writes is a riveting story of how Curtis spent ten years, sacrificed his marriage and family, finances and health to produce a twenty volume work The North American Indian. The photographs at the end of each chapter are a good accompaniment to the text.
- Outreach Services
- Reader Zone
- Adult Services: About Us
- "Three Cups of Tea" author's death apparent suicide
- Best Books of 2012
- Check out the IndieBound Bestseller Book List
- 200th Anniversary of "Pride and Prejudice"
- NYT: Thumbs up for "Venice"
- "News from Heaven" by Jennifer Haigh reviewed
- NYT Critics compile favorite 2012 book lists