Superheros unite at our superhero bash on Thursday, July 9 at 2 p.m. at the Main Library. Activities! Crafts! Costume contest! It will be an epic gathering of the forces for good!
Zinio Digital Newstand Platform offers you access to full digital copies of some of your favorite magazines. You can download and view these titles on your computer or mobile device. Learn more about using Zinio
Hoopla is a free audio and video streaming service available to all Upper Arlington Public Library cardholders. Through Hoopla, patrons now have access to thousands of titles in video, music, and audiobook formats for streaming or temporary download. Content can be enjoyed on smartphones, tablets or computers. Learn more about Hoopla, check our support page, or download a copy of our Hoopla Instructions sheet.
Author Visit: Anthony Doerr
Upcoming Program & Event Highlights
- Stories & Songs — Jul 8, 10:15 AM Miller Park Branch Library
- Babytime Class — Jul 8, 10:15 AM Tremont Road - Main Library
- Tales for Twos and Threes — Jul 8, 10:15 AM Lane Road Branch Library
- Babytime — Jul 8, 11:15 AM Miller Park Branch Library
- Preschool Storytime Class — Jul 8, 11:15 AM Tremont Road - Main Library
- Babytime — Jul 8, 11:15 AM Lane Road Branch Library
- Book Buddies: Big Buddies — Jul 8, 2:00 PM Lane Road Branch Library
- Book Buddies: Little Buddies — Jul 8, 2:00 PM Lane Road Branch Library
- Family Music & Movement — Jul 8, 7:00 PM Tremont Road - Main Library
News and Announcements
The Big Give from the Columbus Foundation is returning on May 12-13 and this year, the Upper Arlington Public Library is participating! The Big Give is a 24-hour online giving rally to benefit community nonprofits. The campaign begins on Tuesday, May 12 at 10 a.m. and ends on Wednesday, May 13 at 10 a.m. Donations to the UA Library through The Big Give make us eligible for a portion of a record $1.3 million Bonus Pool that amplifies giving on a pro rata basis. This means that everyone who gives will have their donation(s) increased based on the total amount raised during The Big Give. All major credit cards, with a minimum donation of $20, are accepted. All credit card fees are covered by The Columbus Foundation—100% of Big Give donations go to charity. So please consider donating to the UA Library during The Big Give by visiting www.columbusfoundation.org. Thank you!
Oxford Art Online contains thousands of articles encompassing all aspects of visual culture. View images, read biographies of artists, and learn about time periods and movements.
Oxford Music Online covers music from all over the world. Learn about musicians and instruments as well as musical styles and periods.
Even better, visiting these databases is part of the Summer Library Club! Visit each of them to count toward an activity, and be sure to log the time you spend reading articles as well!
Our Librarians Just Posted
- Super Power Saturdays - Juvenile Nonfiction: All Kinds of Heroes Created by Jennifer in Youth Services
- Horror Fiction for Teens: Wickedpedia Created by Stephanie in Youth Services
- Picture Book Selection: The Night World Created by Stephanie in Youth Services
Focused on a specific topic, our subject guides can help you discover the resources you need.
At the intermission of a London opera performance, elegant socialite Charlotte Alton makes eye contact with a mysterious man who hands her a battered Christmas ornament before disappearing. It’s a message for Karla, an underworld fixer who can make information disappear—Charlotte Alton’s powerful and amoral alter ego. The invitation to meet is Charlotte’s first step onto a dark path that will bring together old enemies and new in a twisty puzzle-box of a thriller exploring intersections between the worlds of crime, intelligence gathering, police work, and high society. Elegantly written and tightly plotted, every detail matters in this dark and gripping debut.