Provides access to many perspectives on complementary, holistic, and integrated approaches to healthcare and wellness, including peer-reviewed articles.
Did you know you don’t always have to go to the library to look up reliable and authoritative information in reference books?
Whether you are working on a school project or research paper, have a bet with a friend over a fact, or just want to satisfy your curiosity about a topic, UAPL card holders can get online access to a variety of encyclopedia titles covering science, history, business, medicine, culture and much more. You can even use your mobile device when you’re on the go!
An example of just a few titles that are available include:
- Disasters and Tragic Events: An Encyclopedia of Catastrophes in American History
- Gale Encyclopedia of Everyday Law
- Encyclopedia of Business and Finance
- Encyclopedia of the Mind
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture
- …and much more!
See a full list of all the reference eBook titles by going to Gale Virtual Reference Library, or download the Access My Library app ( iOS | Android) on your mobile device, and choose UAPL as your local library. You can also access individual eBooks through the UAPL Databases page.
Provides health information to consumers, including topics such as aging, cancer, diabetes, fitness, nutrition, drug information, and more.
- Best Hospitals - U.S. News
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Search - PubMed
- Family Doctor
- Health Insurance Marketplace
- Hospital Compare
- Lab Tests Online
- Merck Manuals
- National Institutes of Health Health Information
- NIH Senior Health
- Official AMA Home Page
- RxList - The Internet Drug Index
- The Mayo Clinic