Our main library is seeking a detail-oriented individual with great organizational skills, a strong customer service background, and the ability to multi-task. We are seeking a full-time Circulation Supervisor to work alongside the Manager and two other Supervisors to oversee circulation processes and help resolve problems that arise. This position will work closely with other departments and the branches to ensure customer service consistency between locations.
Please refer to the job description and schedule below for more details about this opportunity.
Assists with the direction and supervision of circulation processes and operations. Responds to patron questions regarding library services.
- Supervises and trains staff members as assigned including volunteers.
- Oversees the operations of the branch in the absence of the Circulation Manager.
- Responds to general questions and specific questions relating to library accounts.
- Resolves patron questions unresolved at other levels.
- Counts money, reconciles with reports and prepares deposits.
- Provides patron assistance; monitors and provides guidance to patrons in the use of library facilities, services, and computer equipment. Instructs patrons on the use of computer-based library catalog and computer programs.
- Establishes and maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with patrons and staff.
- Serves in the capacity of “Librarian-in-Charge” as assigned.
- Ensures building compliance with ADA guidelines.
- Serves on library committees as assigned.
- Follows library safety and emergency policies and procedures.
- Reports maintenance and safety issues to supervisor and/or Facilities personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- Competent in the use of Windows-based computer programs.
- Knowledge of library policies, practices and procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of reader’s advisory and basic reference tools preferred.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of insurance required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Two or more years work experience in a library or education environment preferred.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Considerable mobility including, but not limited to, extensive periods of walking, bending, sitting, lifting weights up to 20 pounds, and pushing full book carts.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to perform general typing and computer skills.
- Calm and focused handling of interruptions and distractions.
- Periodic intense concentration and sustained viewing of a computer monitor.
Full-time; including one evening per week and one weekend per month
$ 13.57 per hour minimum starting rate of pay (40 hour workweek)
If you do not have an updated resume, you may download and print an employment application. Completed applications can be dropped off or mailed to any of our UAPL library locations.